Sunday 26 December 2010

Thirty Days of Music Day 16 - A Song You Hate But Used To Love


Welsh metal band, Bullet for my Valentine, released their debut self titled ep in November 2004 on the Visible Noise label.  They sparked a minor craze, with a large amount of the alternative teen population falling in love with their pained, dark lyrics and unleashed energy.
 
Hand of Blood, probably their most famous song, is a crazily energetic riot of a song that screams for attention.  It's all about the sickeningly fast guitar and violent screaming, with the pounding drums driving the whole intrumentation forward.  I used to absolutely love this song but as I've grown older I have moved away from this style of music.  I'm not saying that I absolutely despise it, because the guitar is still catchy and the song has a certain charm to it.  My main problem with the song is that I've mellowed quite considerably since 2005 and this song isn't subtle enough for my liking.

It's a shame that Bullet haven't really produced anything up to the standard of their first few releases since then, but I suppose it was hard for them to live up to that early strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment